Stakeholder Engagement and Effective Communication
2 DAY WORKSHOP
Wednesday, 17th - Thursday, 18th October 2018
Jerrabomberra Wetlands, Dairy Rd, Fyshwick, ACT 2609, Canberra
Practical, accessible, inspirational and fun – this 2-day workshop will share with you tips, techniques and tools we use on a daily basis to engage stakeholders and communicate effectively. We will support and encourage you to try the techniques for yourselves, as well as preparing and delivering a presentation about an aspect of your work.
Explore our favourite
group collaboration methods
Explore our favourite facilitation methods, presentation skills, event planning and communication approaches that are designed to get the best out of the groups you are working with.
Extend your reach online
with web and social media
Gain insights into the world of web and social media and practical tips on how we can use these platforms to reach wider, influential audiences.
Use real-life communication projects
you’re working on
By bringing along a current stakeholder or communication project that we can work with you on together, you can go back to your organisation with a clear idea about the next steps to take.
Please Note: Flights + Accommodation not included, we’ve recommended accommodation options below.
Feedback from the previous workshop
(you can read the full recap here)
Day One: Wednesday 17th October
- Looking at the ‘why’ ,’how’ and ‘what’ of communication.
- Harnessing the power of storytelling
- Sharing your story with a great presentation
Using websites and social media to communicate effectively
- Knowing your digital audience
- Thinking about their journey and creating a flow
- Testing, observing and iterating
Investing in yourself and your abilities
- Identifying your strengths
- Prioritising your happiness
Day Two: Thursday 18th October
Recap and reflect
- Using reflection exercises as part of your engagement strategy
- Interactive session trialling different tools and techniques
- Collaborative group exercises and individual engagement approaches
Bringing it all together
- Question and answer on workshop content
- Implementing content when you get back to your work
- Staying in touch
Finish – 3.00pm
Questions you might have
Join the waitlist!
The workshop is limited to 12 people to allow for every attendee to get personalised attention and mentoring. Our October workshop is now full although we will be running workshops in 2019. If you are interested, please add your details below and we’ll share an update later this year.